BREAKING

Health

Coronavirus Arrives in Caribbean as Dominican Republic Confirms First Case

Ernice Gilbert | March 02, 2020

The Dominican Republic has recorded its first case of the coronavirus, with health officials in the country on Sunday revealing the victim to be a 62-year-old Italian man who had arrived in D.R. on February 22. The man did not show any symptoms of the virus when he arrived, according to D.R. Health Minister Rafael Sanchez, speaking during a press conference. He is currently being treated in isolation at a military hospital and is said to be in stable condition. Mr. Sanchez also revealed that a 56-year-old man from France is under observation in the military hospital awaiting results. Dominican Republic officials on Friday canceled all flights from Milan, Italy for 30 days, as Italy has had the European Union's highest number of confirmed cases and deaths so far — 34 deaths and 1,694 confirmed infections. The cancellation of flights from Milan…

With Hotel and Cruise Ship Travel Being Hit Hard by…

Ernice Gilbert | February 28, 2020

One of the hardest struck industries by the coronavirus outbreak is tourism. Airlines have been canceling…

BVI Resident Quarantined as Officials Seek To Determine…

Ernice Gilbert | February 28, 2020

BRITISH VIRIGN ISLANDS — The Government of the British Virgin Islands on Thursday pulled together a…

V.I. Dept. of Health to Conduct Surveys in Neighborhoods…

Staff Consortium | February 27, 2020

The V.I. Department of Health said Thursday it will be conducting door-to-door interviews for a hurricane…

Latest

Eagle Scout Candidate Launches Cancer Awareness Campaign

Staff Consortium | February 17, 2020

ST. CROIX — Nbiko Bowry, a Life Scout with the Boy Scouts of America Troop 7227, has launched a public awareness campaign to advocate for annual screening for the early detection, intervention and p...

View More...