BREAKING

Hurricane Season

CSU's Hurricane Season July Forecast: Above Average With 20 Named Storms, 9 Hurricanes, 4 Major Hurricanes…

Ernice Gilbert | July 08, 2020

The Colorado State University's Tropical Weather and Climate Research Center on Tuesday released its July followup forecast following its April projections.  While the latest forecast saw only slight changes compared to the April projections, it adds 5 days to the number of hurricane days, moving from 35 to 40; 1 additional named storm, moving from 8 to 9; and 5 days to the number of named storm days, moving from 80 to 85. Below, the complete list (for comparison, go to the April forecast):   CSU in its latest forecast said there's a 58 percent chance that a major hurricane (Category 3-5) may impact the Caribbean this hurricane season. The historical average is 42 percent. For the U.S. mainland, there's a 69 percent chance of a major hurricane impact this year, a 17 percent increase in probability from historical norms. For the Gulf Coast…

Waste Haulers: $7.6 Million for 2017 Debris Cleanup…

Kia Griffith | June 25, 2020

Senator Marvin Blyden, who chairs the Committee on Housing, Transportation, Infrastructure & Telecommunications…

Emergency Response Agencies Announce Collaboration…

Staff Consortium | May 30, 2020

The Virgin Islands Territorial Emergency Management Agency said this week that due to on-going and frequent…

FEMA Announces Covid-19 Operational Guidance for 2020…

Staff Consortium | May 21, 2020

To address the challenges of managing disaster response and recovery efforts during this year’s hurricane…

Latest