The V.I. Dept. of Tourism and its Division of Festivals are spreading holiday cheer with the launch of a Shopping Holiday Online Party (USVI S.H.O.P.).
The online experience was designed for local businesses in the territory to promote their products and services to both on- and off-island shoppers, according to a release issued Friday.
The virtual platform will also include local entertainment to engage shoppers while they peruse the wonderful year-round offerings for which the U.S. Virgin Islands is known.
“This year has been an extremely challenging one for our local businesses,” said D.O.T. Commissioner Joseph Boschulte, who explained that the initiative will help strengthen the viability of local enterprises over the holidays, while engaging communities at home and abroad in “great fun and excitement” during this season of giving.
USVI S.H.O.P. will be held for three nights and will kick off on Saturday December 12, 2020. The online action will stream live on Facebook at @USVIFestivals and @VIConsortium from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET (6 p.m. to 9 p.m. AT) and continues the following weekend, on Friday, December 18 and Saturday, December 19, 2020.
Confirmed USVI S.H.O.P. participating businesses include:
- Ceramics by Kedisha (handmade ceramics). Website: www.ceramicsbykedisha.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/ceramicsbykedisha; Instagram: @ceramics_by_kedisha
- ib Designs (handmade jewelry). Website: www.ibdesignsvi.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/ibdesigns; Instagram: @ibdesigns
- La Vajen Co. (natural feminine care line). Website: www.lavajenco.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/lavajenco
- Leatherback Brewing (Virgin Islands craft beer). Website: www.leatherbackbrewing.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/LeatherbackBrewing; Instagram: @leatherbackbrewing
- Lulee St. John (apparel, clothing, accessories, home and lifestyle goods). Website: www.luleestj.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/luleestj; Instagram: luleestj
- My Girlfriend's Closet (women’s apparel and accessories). Website: www.mgcstx.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/MGCSTX; Instagram: @mgcstx
- Mutiny Island Vodka (vodka made from breadfruit). Website: www.mutinyvodka.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/MutinyIslandVodka; Instagram: @mutinyislandvodka
- Ocean Surfari (inshore and offshore sport fishing and snorkeling adventures). Website: www.oceansurfari.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/OceanSurfari.virginislands; Instagram: @ocean_surfari_charters
- VI BOSS (apparel and accessories). Website: www.vibossllc.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/vibossllc; Instagram: @vibossllc
- SkyMED USVI (medical emergency evacuation memberships). Website: www.skymedusvi.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheSkyMedGroup; Twitter: @GetSkyMed
- The Strategy Group (marketing consulting services). Website: www.strategygroupvi.com: Facebook: www.facebook.com/tsgconnect
- WestCare The Village (medical/health care facility). Website: westcare.com/page/where-we-serve_UV
Additional businesses will continue to be added.
This Saturday’s event will feature live entertainment by Xpress Band, while Cool Session Brass and Spectrum Band will provide the entertainment on December 18 and December 19, 2020, respectively.
Businesses interested in participating in the USVI S.H.O.P. online experience must complete the following steps:
- Register to join by emailing email@example.com
- Develop a display and video ad
- Participate via Zoom link to promote their products or services
For more information about USVI S.H.O.P., contact Ian Turnbull, Director, Division of Festivals at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the latest news straight to your phone with the VI Consortium app.