ST. CROIX – The 2019 Beauty & the Beast Triathlon will be held on Sunday, the police department has announced. Parking will be prohibited along the entire triathlon route from 3:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Any vehicles parked on the triathlon route will be cited and towed at the owner’s expense, except vehicles legally bearing handicapped license plates or parking placards parked in marked handicapped parking spaces.
The following road closures and traffic restrictions will be in place for the event:
Christiansted – 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- King Street
- Hospital Street
- Queen Cross Street
- King Cross Street
- Church Street
Other Road Closures
- East End Road from Christiansted to The Buccaneer Resort: 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- East End Road from The Buccaneer Resort to Southgate: 7:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- East End Road from Southgate to Great Pond Road: 7:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Great Pond Road (both directions): 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Lowry Hill Road from Great Pond Road to Tide Village: 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Watergut Street to Northside Road: 7:45 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- Northside Road from Watergut to Golden Rock: 7:45 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- Northside Road from Golden Rock to Five Corners: 7:45 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- Northside Road from Five Corners to Salt River Road / Northshore Road: 7:45 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.Salt River Road / Northshore Road to River Road: 7:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- The Beast - River Road: 8:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Midland Road from River Road to Upper Love Road: 8:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Upper Love Road to Melvin Evans Highway: 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Melvin Evans Highway (from the entrance to the Airport Industrial Park) to Queen Mary Highway: 8:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- Queen Mary Highway from Hess Road to Southside Road: 8:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Southside Road / Southshore Road to Great Pond Road: 8:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Southshore Road / East End Road (East End Loop) to Southgate: 9:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Police officers will be stationed along the triathlon route at certain intersections. Vehicular traffic and pedestrians attempting to cross the triathlon route will be allowed to do so by officers in a safe manner when feasible, providing it will not interfere with or endanger the triathletes.
For more information on the road closures and traffic restrictions, please contact the Traffic Investigation Bureau at (340) 778-2211.
Get the latest news straight to your phone with the VI Consortium app.