The V.I. Dept. of Health on Monday said that beginning April 6, 2021, Health Cards will be issued from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. at both D.O.H. locations.
According to the release, the Division of Environmental Health Services issues Health Cards, which are required to work in the following industries: food service, childcare, chiropractors, tattoo artists, beauty salons, barbers, makeup artists, spas, nail salons, and massage parlors. Health Cards must be renewed annually for all employees and must be available for DEH Inspectors to view. A Health Card is proof that you do not carry any parasitic diseases, based on stool sample test results from a certified lab.
How to Get A Health Card:
1. Go to a medical lab and explain that you want a test for a health card. The lab will instruct you on how to provide a stool sample to test for parasites. Their fees vary.
2. After you receive your stool sample results, go to one of the Department of Health offices with:
· A photo identification card (i.e., driver’s license, passport, or green card)
· The results of the stool sample
· Social security card
· A valid form of payment (Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.)
Charles Harwood Complex, Modular Unit 3
1500 Est. Richmond,
Christiansted, VI 00820
340-718-1311 x 3709
St. Thomas/St. John
Knud Hansen Complex, Suite 10
1303 Hospital Ground,
St. Thomas, VI 00802
340-774-9000 x 4642
DOH Health Card Fees:
Food Handlers $30
Day Care and School Operators, Employees, Volunteers, Interns $30
Massage Therapists, Beauticians, Barbers, Nail Technicians $36
Food Handlers Plus One Other Classification $46
Replacement of Lost or Damaged Health Card $10
Get the latest news straight to your phone with the VI Consortium app.