9-Year-Old Boy Dies After Being Shot in Head in Croixville Housing Community; Police Detain 15-Year-Old
Concerned Residents Clean Christiansted Town Using Their Own Tools, Money, and Some Help from the VI Fire Service
Territory May See Veterans Cemetery Through DeGazon-Sponsored Bill
Credit and Debit Cards of WAPA Customers Were Compromised Since August 30th, WAPA Says, Authority to Finally Start Issuing Notification Via Mail and Email
Sports Tourism in VI Gains Momentum as DC United Team is set to Play Exhibition Soccer Game on St. Croix
Carnival Breeze Brings 3,700 Tourists to St. Croix During Maiden Call; Senators, Tourism Officials Want to See More
Limetree Bay Willing To Provide $10 Million To Help Add Life to a Dying G.E.R.S.
American Airlines to Serve St. Croix With New Flights Next Summer
The Sudden Death of Influential Roots Reggae Visionary, Vaughn Benjamin of Midnite Band and Akae Beka, Has Rocked the Virgin Islands and Reggae Community Around the World
Arthur A. Richards K-8 School Hosts Anti-Bullying Campaign
Come Out. Hang Out. Have Fun at The Meat Up, One of St. Thomas’ Latest Hot-Spot for Good Food with Friends and Family.
UVI Board of Trustees Approves $47.1 Million Fiscal Year 2020 Budget; Sets $3 Million Fundraising Goal
Man Dies During Early Morning Car Accident on St. Croix; Driver of Car Arrested (Updated)
'You Did Everything You Could to Prevent this from Happening': An Emotional Goodbye to Young Aaron Benjamin
Back in Business: Cost U Less on St. Thomas Opened its Doors Friday to Thousands of Customers 2 Years after Irma and Maria
Bill Aimed at Regulating Credit Use by Gov't Departments and Agencies Among Others Held in Committee
Juan Luis Hospital Announces Completion and Availability of Mobile Dialysis Facilities
Tractor Trailer With Tank Carrying Thousands Of Gallons of Liquified Gas Flips Near Cool Out Bar; Driver Injured But Alive
Credit and Debit Card Hack Through WAPA Appears to be Widespread in Virgin Islands; WAPA Says Support Services Will be Made Available to Affected Customers
Facing Life in Prison Without Parole, Mother and Boyfriend Plead Not Guilty in Murder of 4-Year-Old Boy
Virgin Islands Port Authority staff said Tuesday that new Airport Manager Jerome M. Sheridan of Chesterfield will soon be on the job overseeing the Cyril E. King and Henry E. Rohlsen airports on St. Thomas and St. Croix. The hiring satisfies the Federal Aviation Administration’s requirement that a 14 CFR part 139-certified airport manager oversee the territory’s airports.
The requirement is part of the F.A.A.’s airport certification rules, meaning the territory’s airports could lose certification without an airport manager in place.
Sheridan has accepted the V.I.P.A. job offer and is set to begin work August 19th. The position pays an annual salary of $105,000 with medical and dental insurance and participation in the Government Employees’ Retirement System.
In other business Tuesday, the Port Authority Board of Governors:
* Awarded a $95,578 contract to BioImpact, Inc. to provide an Environmental Assessment Report (EAR) and archeological services. This report will revise the existing EAR to meet the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements for the Housing and Urban Development-Community Development Block Grant that will fund the proposed dredging of the WICO Channel in St. Thomas to accommodate Oasis-class cruise ship vessels.
* Approved $1,016,201 authorizing Lemartec to provide all material, labor and equipment to install the architectural interior finishes at the Henry E. Rohlsen Airport Terminal on St. Croix. The work is funded by insurance proceeds, and will be performed by Lemartec.
* Approved task orders totaling $779,969.88, authorizing Lemartec to cover all labor and materials to repair the roofs of the Tropical Shipping Cargo Building and the Supreme Court Building in Crown Bay, St. Thomas. The work is funded by insurance proceeds.
* Approved task orders valued at $1.2 million, authorizing from Lemartec to expedite the restorations of the Air Traffic Control Tower at the Henry E. Rohlsen Airport, the Cyril E. King Airport Air Cargo Building, and the VIPA administrative building on St. Thomas. The work is funded by insurance proceeds.
* Approved a task order in the amount of $63,514, authorizing Lemartec to provide all materials and labor to repair hurricane damages to Henry E. Rohlsen Airport’s maintenance building. The work is funded by insurance proceeds.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.