ST. CROIX — During a press conference on Tuesday, Governor Albert Bryan named twelve individuals to his cabinet to lead a number of government departments and agencies. See them below.
- Department of Tourism: Joseph Boschulte, commissioner-designee. Mr. Boschulte is a former CEO of the West Indian Company.
- Department of Finance: Kirk Callwood, Sr., commissioner-designee. On his LinkedIn Profile, Mr. Callwood described himself as a “results-driven executive with extensive treasury, finance and consulting experience within highly competitive markets.
- Department of Health: Justa Encarnacion, commissioner-designee. Ms. Encarnacion is a former chief nursing officer at the Juan F. Luis Hospital.
- Office of Veterans Affairs: Patrick Farrell, director. Mr. Farrell served with the Mapp administration and was retained by Mr. Bryan.
- Virgin Islands Energy Office: Kyle Fleming, director. Mr. Fleming is a Good Hope School graduate who attended Lehigh university. Mr. Fleming has a master’s of science degree in energy systems from Northeastern University.
- Department of Labor: Garry Molloy, commissioner-designee. Mr. Molloy was described as a stalwart of education by Mr. Bryan, having served for over 27 years in the field. He is a former superintendent. He’s had to deal with bargaining agreements and labor relations, Mr. Bryan said.
- Department of Planning and Natural Resources: Jean-Pierre Oriol, commissioner-designee. Mr. Oriol is a former director of CZM and former D.P.N.R. commissioner.
- Department of Public Works: Nelson Petty, commissioner-designee. Mr. Petty is also a holdover from the Mapp administration.
- Department of Property and Procurement: Anthony Thomas, commissioner-designee. Mr. Thomas last worked as the chief of staff of former Dept. of Education Commissioner, Sharon McCollum.
- Bureau of Internal Revenue: Joel Lee, director. Mr. lee is a CPA with vast experience in taxes. He also owns a CPA firm.
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles, Barbara McIntosh, director. Ms. McIntosh is a current Board of Elections member.
- Virgin Islands National Guard, Col. Kodjo Knox Limbacker, adjutant general. Colonel Knox once served at the Pentagon, and is a graduate of the Army War College.
Last week, Mr. Bryan named members of his senior staff — those working from Government House — among them Karl Knight as chief of Staff, Kevin Rodriguez as deputy chief of staff, Sammuel Sanes as St. Croix administrator, David Bornn as chief legal counsel, Avery Lewis as administrator for St. Thomas and Water Island, and Richard Motta as communications director.
Members of Governor Albert Bryan’s cabinet announced on Tuesday, Jan. 15 (Credit: Ernice Gilbert, VIC)
A number of departments and agencies have yet to receive leadership, including the Departments of Education, Agriculture, Human Services, Licensing and Consumer Affairs, the V.I. Port Authority, the Virgin Islands Police Department, the Economic Development Authority, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Department of Justice. Mr. Bryan gave himself a 90-day window to name the remainder of his cabinet.
Tags: albert bryan
, cabinet members