Information provided directly to us:
You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view the Site. However, when you use certain Site functions, such as when you subscribe or register for certain services, access certain content or features, or directly contact the Site, we may ask you to provide information, including:
* Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number;
* Username and password;
* Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
* Search queries conducted on the Site; and
* Correspondence you send to us.
To enable payment and donations via the VIC Services, we collect and store name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information and other billing information. This information will only be shared with third parties who help to complete the purchase transaction. Examples of this include fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments.
When you visit and interact with the Site, certain information may be collected automatically, including:
* your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
* your browser type and operating system;
* activities within community discussions;
* web pages and advertisements that you view, and links that you click on, within the Site;
* aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
* standard server log information; and
* information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as editorial updates, information about your account or changes to the Site, and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners’ products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested.
We display advertisements on the Site, many of which are targeted based on information about you. For example, using information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other sources, we may use demographic data or information about your online activities or interests to display targeted advertising that may be relevant to your preferences. Through this process, advertisers reach Site visitors who are most interested in their products, and you see advertising for products or services in which you may be interested.
Some of the advertisements you see on the Site are selected and delivered by third parties, such as ad networks, advertising agencies, advertisers, and audience segment providers. These third parties may collect information about you and your online activities, either on the Site or on other websites, through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies in an effort to understand your interests and deliver to you advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
These third parties may offer you a way to choose not to have your information used for advertising purposes. For example, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), which provides a single location where you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from member companies. To opt out, please visit the NAI’s website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Please note that if you choose to opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements on the Site, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you.
In order to learn more about how our Site is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Site, to increase our Site’s functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs.
We may use the information that we collect to prevent illegal activities, to enforce the Site’s Terms Conditions, and to otherwise protect our rights and the rights of our users.
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
The Virgin Islands Consortium values your privacy, and shares information about our users only under certain circumstances. We will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
* We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the Site.
* If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
* We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the Site’s Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
* We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
* In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site.
The Site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving promotional/marketing information from our partners, and us.
You can send an email through the Site’s contact page found here.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us here.